Pages

Wednesday, October 22

Lets make a Rose


“I feel as if I had opened a book and found 

roses of yesterday 

sweet and fragrant, between its leaves.” 
― L.M. MontgomeryAnne of the Island

Happy Playdate Thursday! This is the day of the  week where the creative team and I share a wonderful technique that  will help you grow in our passion of paper crafting. Today, I am  the host of our play date!  Sometimes it is  hard to come up with a technique or a tip that you can learn from. After reviewing  my emails, comments and so many open  promises  it was timeto show you all how I make my handmade roses that I use on my cards and tags. 

In this tutorial I have used the  vintage floret die from Heartfelt Creations, however the same technique and principals can be used with  hand drawn  5 petal point flowers or ones that you cut from your cricut, cameo or any  other diecut you may own. You will simply need three sizes, cut twice and  1/4" difference  from small to medium and 1/4" difference from medium to large. 

Sit back, grab  enjoy the  process  of  making  roses : 


 

Here are a few  once upon a time examples where I used the roses on my tags. 



Hope you enjoyed and lets get creative !!