Pages

Thursday, January 10

Art Journal - First Page Ever!



Our  creative team member Jax  decided  that  Flying Unicorn should have a monthly art  journal challenge  and we  loved the idea  - So with the  new year comes our year long  monthly challenge ..... Art Journaling.  

If you know  me ...  you know that mix media and an art  journal is  so out of my comfort  zone its  truly scary  - but if  I want  to grow and learn then  I needed and need  to keep  biting th e bullet - throw caution to the wind  and  oh my get my hands  dirty  sometimes ...  

So  I decided to play  ... art  journalling  to me is about - trying  new  techniques and  different  mediums to  create  something  visually pleasing  to YOUR  eye  ...

So I made the decision to make my art journal one filled with my favorite quotes, sayings, words.....

My  first attempt and my first  page  : 


Every new Beginning comes from some other Beginning's end . 



From sanding the  picture, to layering pieces of  paper,  to misting and  misting and  more  misting .. and   just  when I thought  I could  mist no more  ...  some  lighter  misting  colors  ... and then  of  course some gold accent misting.  


Did  I enjoy  doing this page  is what I have been  asking myself.... and  I think the answer is yes ... its so different then  what  I do  and I think   I am  up for the  challenge  of  broadening my creativeness....