Pages

Sunday, May 25

A little Shabby Love

 Keep all special thoughts and memories for
 lifetimes to come. 

Share these keepsakes with others to inspire hope and build 

from the past, which can bridge to the future.

I wanted to create something a little vintage, a  little shabby for  a gift of goodies that I need to send off  (I promised someone the resin lilies) and what a better canvas than the May's OTP  project  from our Your Passion Your Art Kits and the G45 Staples Collection Book Box ( less the  book - that I will get too!)  

This is how I got the distress look - simple white paint that I layered on and then covered with kroma and heat set .... Umm not  enough crackle so I took the Ranger rock candy distress and applied a heavy layer and heat set ... well it bubbled ... so I decided to remove the  bubbles and a  layer of paint  was coming off giving me the distress effect below  ... and I loved it! The perfect look. 

The lilies, flowers and frame  are handmade resin pieces and  covered with silks iridescent gold on the flowers and green on the leaves (sorry the pictures will not show the beauty of those - but they are a must !) 

The little angel is from Pion collection From My Heart II - Cut out sheet and all of the  lace is Flying Unicorn's. Vintage beads and pearls finished it off . 

 Anna Griffin's  AG 1674 paper is used inside  - its  flocked completing that vintage shabby look.


Anna Griffin - AG1674
Silks Acrylic Paint
SILKS 
Book Box 
flying unicorn lace