Pages

Sunday, March 13

Cricut Tutorial - Ashlyn Alphabet - Card

I  know I can not be the only one who does not use their cricut as often as we should ... So I decided to up the anti and make a card - a tad different.  I used Ashlyn's Alphabet - but you can use  any cartridge  for this  technique 
1. 8"x5" rectangle and the butterfly 3 1/2" wide ...the largest  point to be at the cutting line of the  mat and        weld them together.
2. Copy  the  image  and  then paste on a new sheet 
After cutting  this is  what you end up ... the   shell  of the  card  ...  
Score at the edge and  at  4" 
Now you are  ready to  get  CREATIVE  ....  

Here is my final product using  "Thrift Shop" paper by October Afternoon, ZVA  Creative Bling  and our line of  flowers -  All products can be viewed at this weeks 
Tip and  Technique  : 
01.  Use a liquid glue to cover the butterfly 
02.I  used  wax  paper to protect the  back of the card when I  place the cutout butterfly on top .. when it dried  I simply cut the part away that was originally welded... 
to cover the inside  butterfly -I lined it up ... used my plastic rub on pen to score-Cut it and glued it down  ...   
I did ink all the edges giving a depth to it  

Thanks for  stopping by and hope this Inspired  ....