Pages

Monday, October 27

Mojo Monday

Its a double the pleasure double the fun kind of  Mojo Monday day!  Not  only do I , Alda, bring you the sketch, I bring you my inspirational project using the sketch as well... and its a card - Mojo Monday is not for layouts alone ! 
Using a sketch one has to get a little creative, but, the creative plans are there. I used the  oval inspiration as my base, and  the mixed art layers from the sketch, well  those turned to papers for me.  To scale the sketch down to card size,  the embellishments adorn the upper left hand side as oppose to a large butterfly or dragonfly, because of the flower cluster below ( its more pleasing to the eye) . I took the tags from the  sketch and used them as my sentiment/card title and with a little cheese cloth tucked in here and there I was able to create a little airy  feel. 

My new  found  love -  oh my the die cut from memory box that we just got into the store Fresh Foliage 98502. You may have leaf die cuts  but not like this  one  ...  its  gorgeous and  I  only had to cut it twice and  look at all the  tucked in leaves ....a perfect  size die cut for card makers! 
 The flowers are an array of mixed hand made ones. flying unicorn and petaloo. I have a box where the  left over flowers go and I pull it out now and then and try to use up my stash ... Little Petaloo berries are tucked into between the flower clusters giving another element  which adds a unique dimension of  flower clusters ... so  next time  you create  use a berry, pearl, brad etc and tuck it in  to create additional capturing of the viewers eye. 
 I was hoarding, but  finally broke into my Maja Design 6x6  Summer Vintage papers. They are my colors, my designs, a  shabby vintage gorgeousness  each sheet. We have a few left  in the store ... This collection is really a must  must have for all the  shabby lovers out there .. 
Alpha's are from long long time ago Prima ... I  love  little alpha stickers,  those I  do not hoard but  collect that is a guarantee . Whether on layouts, cards, tags, adding a word, saying, they are always handy and perfect.  
In order to apply a word and  make sure it it straight I first apply it to a strip of paper and then glue it onto my creation - this little tip ensures the title and the word is straight .. 





Okay hope you all feel a little more creative and  do not forget to join us this  week on th e forums and/or on our  Facebook page and show off your creation using our sketch . 

Supplies Used :  
Petaloo Berries - Pink 


Berry Clusters White 
Fresh Foliage -Memory Box 






Maja Design - Vintage Summer







Stylus Set - Mc Gill