Pages

Thursday, June 23

Pink Gloves and Altered Boxes

 “Art is a kind of mining," he said. "The artist a variety of prospector searching for the sparkling silver of meaning in the earth.” 


Of course I wore pink gloves altering these  boxes to store some  treasures in that I need to send off to some friends.  
Using the  Finnabair technique and my box  of  misfits.. items that never  ended up  back in their home or broken little things or flowers I would never use again .. until today. 


Black gesso everything (13@rts gesso is the best ever) and then dry brush using the new alchemy paints from Prima  which  I used three colors : 


On this box I thought why not, lets try a little deco art crackle glaze ...and  ohh it did show through ... was not sure   ( I did paint it on after the black gesso) . I am one that crackle and me  never seem to get along .. but the deco art crackle  has been a sure thing to date .. it has never disappointed! 

My boxes are off to their new homes ... hope you get creating something magical today!