Pages

Wednesday, August 31

September 2011 Guest Creative Team Member

We are  proud to announce that Maggi Harding is our  Guest Creative Team Member for the month of  September!!

Hi, my name is Maggi and I live in NC with my wonderful husband and two standard poodles that we refer to as the spoos. They are my children and of course, I do a lot of layouts featuring my furkids.

My husband and I have been married for almost 19 very happy years (our anniversary is 9/3), and in those years we’ve lived in Washington DC, Fairbanks, Alaska, Denver, CO and North Carolina. No, we are not currently military, but my husband is a retired Navy pilot and I am an Army brat. That means that moving is second nature to us and every 2 - 3 years we get the bug to move. However, I have nailed the furniture down and I’m not moving again! We do like to travel with the spoos in our motorhome and that means I also do a lot of travel layouts.

I think I’ve always been a scrapper, I just didn’t know it! I had scrapbooks as a teen with all kinds of ephemera in them. Unfortunately, in my later years, I was so embarrassed by my silly childhood collections that I destroyed them! There was a mostly disintegrated leaf from a tree at Paul McCartney’s house in there. That is a clue to my age. Then in 2005, I started scrapbooking as we know it today and I’m completely OCD about it!

I describe my style as vintage/shabby chic with touches of bright color. I love scrapping 12 x 12 pages but I also have a real love for making paperbag albums and ATCs. For me, scrapbooking is an artistic adventure, what can I create, how can I make this piece of paper come to life? Along with scrapping the pictures, I love to tell the stories and often reflect on how to tell the story hidden in my photographs. I was fortunate enough to get a huge box of old photos from my Mom and have been scrapping those for most of the last year so I have really been developing my “vintage” style.

I am honored to be chosen as the September Guest CT member. Thank you so much to everyone at Flying Unicorn for this opportunity to share something about myself with you.

You can find more inspiration on Maggi's Blog  - Click Here to take you to  http://scraptravelbark.blogspot.com  or check her forum profile, CLICK HERE 
Some  of Maggi's Creative  Work  :