Pages

Saturday, November 16

Art Journal 2014 - Kroma Crackle



"Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is nonexistent. And don’t bother concealing your thievery—celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: “It’s not where you take things from—it’s where you take them to.”
jim jarmusch

It was  my turn to host the  Art Journal Challenge  - and this is the  project I really wanted to post on Wednesday -  since we  got our  new  shipment of  Kroma  Crackle in and  I really wanted to  play with it  ...  but  I was waiting for the Kroma to dry ( only yesterday did  I realize that  YES you can heat set it  -so my five  days of  patience was not  needed for it to dry ! ) Two coats of it on a a chipboard covered in gesso  and  double the  cracks as  the pic shows below (I love this stuff even more  now that  you can you use a heat  gun !!) Bits and  pieces of  mesh  tape were cut and  used and Kroma  Crackle spread on top with a  palette knife  at different depths  to blend the  mesh  in  ...  The  first layer of  Kroma  I applied  right  from the  tube, the  second layer  I  applied  it by mixing  pearl-ex  in with it  ... and  it  worked ohhh so  pretty!

LSG Mists , paint  dabbers, silver paint, dylusions mists ( especially the  white  one  - love that  one ) to  cover the  flowers, the  laser  cuts , the  FUL adornments, the buttons etc ...  I painted, I sprayed, I  dabbed,  and  I  painted and  sprayed  some more ....   i used   some  concepts  from my  canvas  mermaid  tutorial  which is a mere feeble attempt and complete  inspiration  from Finnabair -Ania DÄ…browska -  which not in this  lifetime or next  will I have an ounce of her creative 
awesomeness .... but we can  keep trying and  keep being  inspired ! 

I so wanted to use this bling button from my stash and it looked out of place in my eyes on the the cover so on a a gold string I tied it  and  now it acts as a page marker 




Kroma Crackle - LOVE THIS  STUFF! 



LSG - Alpine Rose


White Dylusions


Mesh tape - ( thank you  Jen!) 
The  silver and  gold rock ! 
Perfect Pearls
Adornments - Flying Unicorn
Paint Dabbers