Pages

Friday, August 1

Merry Christmas

 "Christmas is not in tinsel and lights and outward show. The secret lies in an inner glow. It's lighting a fire inside the heart. Good will and joy a vital part. It's higher thought and a greater plan. It's glorious dream in the soul of man."
-Wilfred A. Peterson 
Oh yeah  - getting  Holiday ready with  the new collection of dolls from Julie Nutting. Jen is  hosting a doll challenge in the forums this month and  what a  perfect  way to play along and  get Christmas organized. 


The icicles were cut using Spellbinder die and  I used clear packaging. A  little  glossy accent on the  edges - dusted with glitter gives you   the Winter Wonderland look.  I  know  some think  glitter  is  messy and  stickles  crystal or  diamond  will give the  same  effect -   umm nope . There is  a difference - a  softness, a  coverage of using  the micro  glitter as oppose to  stickles.  I did use Crystal stickles on the  holly vine and on the 13@rts  laser cuts ....  you  really  need  both . 


The snowflakes are from dies/punches a  collection  I have  from over the  years.  Again  I used micro glitter and adhered the glitter with glossy accents.  The  Merry Xmas  I  used the  new Die-version  Word ornaments, cut away the ornament part and painted them  the White and Silver Glitter Paint from 13@rts.
 The laser cut  is  from 13@arts and  a gorgeous  design.  No priming required whenyou  use  their  paints - which was Cobalt Blue and White and  Silver Glitter.  The  Cobalt Blue  I  simply painted it on for  coverage - watering it down with  water.. and the  White and Silver Glitter  I dabbed it - well before the cobalt blue  dried  (  I used  two paint  brushes in  order not to compromise the colors in the bottle) . Once dry -  I  used  stickles ( crystal) and  blobbed the corners and sections  to  give a glistening snow effect. 
 I had to give a closeup the new doggie  all dressed up!! Papers used  Ruby Rocket - Mother Nature Collection.


JN - VALENTINA 
STICKLES - CRYSTAL

SPELLBINDERS ICICLES
HOLLY BRANCH
HOLIDAY WORD ORNAMENTS
DOG TREATS 
JN TAGS 
GLITTER
WHITE AND SILVER GLITTER
5" 13@RTS ORNAMENTS
COBALT
MOTHER NATURE-RUBY ROCKIT