Pages

Thursday, October 9

Directions to Christmas





It's always good for us to pause
And think awhile of Santa Claus--
That jolly symbol we revere
When we approach the changing year.
Behind his beard so long and white,
In which our children take delight,
There beats a heart from color free
Which bids all children "come to me."
MARSHALL M. MORGAN, "The Spirit of Santa Claus"


when I saw the  new Studio 75 Collection- Winter Morning  it was  a must  in my world! The  soft pastels of Christmas filled the pages with  greens, blues and grays  - this collection is a  Christmas wish coming true! I know I will be making cards from the  pieces I have  left  but  mojo  brought me  to an altered project and a  Christmas birdhouse to create. The Birdhouse is a template from the Silhouette store, and the stand - simply a box and rolled paper. 



The bird is a handmade resin along with the bird nest below painted with 13@rts paint Cobalt Blue (I think that has become my favorite 13@rts color.) Flowers from our etsy store and the  use of  diecuts from my stash to create the holly swirls.